Monday, January 28, 2008

Arg!!!!


Who would have thought buying a vehicle would be so aggravating! AHHHHHHH! So, to make a long story short, Dave and I were pretty much set on trading our truck in on a Subaru Outback. It seemed like a good choice - a nice family vehicle sans depression brought on due to minivan-itis. Well, it didn't work out. So then we looked at a Jeep Liberty. We were sold! We loved it and it felt better to drive than the Subaru did, which I felt was hard to believe.

We spent a large portion of our weekend at Northside Mitsubshi. That is where we found the Subaru and the Liberty. The owners of the dealership also own a Dodge dealership; thus they were willing to give us a good price for the Dakota. (We've been looking for a new vehicle for almost a year now and this place has given us the best quote on our truck.)

Well, being we are still financing the truck, the bank Mitsu deals with doesn't want to assume the rest of the truck because the Liberty isn't a 'high enough value'. UGH! I'm not sure what we are going to do. Buying a vehicle SUCKS!

However, I must give praise to the two guys - Doug & Chris - who have totally gone for bat for us at Mitsu. When the time does come for us to get something different, that is the place we will go.

There is a chance we are going to go test drive a Cherokee after work tonight. Then I have to go home and pack. I'm off to LA until Sunday for the Russ Reid conference. I'm pumped and am distracting my thoughts from the flight.

I'll be sure to post pictures of my trip, although the vast majority will be in the hotel conference rooms.

Stay warm this week!
xoxo
janelle

1 comment:

Lukek said...

how did things work out guys? did you get a new vehicle yet?

Sorry I couldn't help you out on the golf.... I feel bad that I couldn't get enough for your truck.