Monday, January 14, 2008

Mangoes and Avocadoes

I can’t believe how fast this weekend flew by! Friday was even a bit of a blur.

I started seeing an acupuncturist back in November for my wrist and she is fantastic. Wendy, the acupuncturist, was a midwife before taking up the skill of tiny needle insertion in certain points of the body. After dealing with my bout of morning sickness I called her up and made an appointment to see her.

Wendy squeezed me in right away and my visit was fantastic. Doctors are great but they seem to be in a rush. Half of my appointment on Friday was spent just talking about minerals and vitamins - beyond the prenatal recommendations - that I should be taking. Wendy suggested that I take Floradix, an iron and mineral supplement for my liver. Being that my liver is working on over load, this natural, baby friendly, supplement goes straight to my liver. This in turn is supposed to give me a bit of an energy rejuvenation and help with nausea. I’ve only taken it for two days so far so it’s still a little early to tell if it’s making a difference; however, I have been feeling really good since Friday.

I had some needles placed on my feet, knees, elbow and sternum. It’s pretty crazy how acupuncture works but I haven’t been nauseas at all since then.

Dave and I went grocery shopping on Saturday morning and we loaded up on fruits and vegetables. I bought mangoes for the first time and realized I’m not exactly sure how to cut them. Silly, I know. Granted, I was doing it first thing this morning and was still waking up.

Tonight, I’m going to attempt to make guacamole. Apparently it’s pretty easy but it’s me we’re talking about….. Here’s trying!

xoxo
Janelle

No comments: